GAI stands for general artificial intelligence. It is a type of artificial intelligence that is designed to be capable of understanding and responding to the wide ranges of tasks and situations.
Some examples of GAI include:
- Large language models, such as Bard, Chat GPT. The models are trained on massive database of text and code and they can be used to generate text, translate languages, write different kind of creative content and answer your questions in an informative way.
- Self driving cars: these cars use GAI to navigate the roads and avoid the obstacles.
- Virtual assistance: such as Amazon Alexa and Google assistant. These assistances use GAI to understand your voice commands and to perform tasks such as setting alarms, playing music etc.
Social challenges of GAI.
- Bias: GAI models are trained on massive database of text and code which can contain biases. These biases can then be reflected in the output of the GAI models which can lead to discrimination or other harmful outcomes.
- Privacy: GAI models can be used to collect and analyse large amount of personal data. This can then be used to track people’s behaviour and then targeting them with advertisement and even to manipulate them.
- Misinformation: GAI models can be used to fake news or other form of information. This misinformation can then be used to deceive people or sow discord.
- Safety: GAI models can be used to create harmful content such as hate speeches or violent threats. This content then can be used to harm the people or communities.